Learn how to book appointments and order prescriptions online - FREE
Don't worry if you are not familiar with how to use online services available at the practice, you can learn FREE OF CHARGE!
Click on the link below and complete the FREE 'GP Online Services' course.
Online Booking of Appointments
Appointments are available to book online by clicking here
Online Repeat Prescription Ordering
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered online by clicking here
Please allow at least 48 hours for prescription requests to be processed. Weekends and bank holidays not included.
Registering for Online Services
If you are not yet registered for online services please collect a registration form from the reception desk or print this form, fill it in and bring it with you to hand in at reception, along with valid photo identification.
The reception staff will register you on our system and give you instructions to follow to complete the registration process yourself online. You must register and activate your account within 30 days of it being issued by the reception staff.
Coming Soon - Access to Medical Records Online
Patients may now access their medical record online. Currently patients may only view any allergies and past and present medication. In the future this will be expanded to include test results, immunisations, details of consultations and medical history. If you wish to register for this additional service, please complete the registration form and bring it to reception with valid photo identification (passport or driving licence).
Change of Details
Please make sure you keep your address and telephone number up to date.
Change of Details form
Terms & Conditions
- To apply for on-line access to the Practice’s clinical system, patients must complete the Online Access Registration form and return this form to reception.
- Applications are “one per patient”. Acceptance of one member of a family does not imply acceptance of other / further family members.
- Applications for on-line access will not be considered for patients who are under the age of 16.
- Where access is granted passwords will only be released direct to the patient and not to a parent (in relation to patients 16 – 18 years) or other third party. Where a parent or other person requires access to the system to book an appointment or deal with the affairs of the minor, it is acceptable for the minor to provide the password to the third party. The practice will not provide access details directly.
Where access is refused this will be in writing. A reason will only be given at the discretion of the Partners.
- Where a minor requests a change of password (perhaps to alter access) this will be granted at the discretion of the Partners.
- Personal Information Updating is subject to validation after submission. Patients moving outside the Practice Area will be removed from the Practice list in the usual way.
- By signing up to the online services patients are agreeing to the Practice’s Terms and Conditions listed above.